UPDATE (May 4, 2020):
- The UK gaming industry thanks our NHS heroes.
- Old School RuneScape DMM tournament announced as part of the # PlayApartTogether initiative.
- Comedians team up for Comic Relief gaming event for COVID-19 response
- Football Staying Home Cup ends
- Fortnite World Cup 2020 canceled
- Dota 2 International postponed
- Cosplay -Safe mode competition announced
- Misfits Gaming Group partner with softgiving for multiple online fundraisers through 2020
- Razer commits S50m to help business partners fight COVID-19
- Bungie is starting a fundraiser with his community Supporting global healthcare workers.
- The PUBG Continental Series Europe charity showdown begins in May.
- Maple Leafs, Raptors and music stars join forces for the CoD competition
- Gamescom canceled, replaced by digital event
- Formula E Race at Home Challenge revealed  The WoW Arena championship changes to online only -Play.
- LAFC works with Allied Esports to produce the LAFC Gaming Charity Challenge series.
- LoL's MSI tournament canceled.
- Laliga, NBA, NFL, NWSL play partners in Kick Covid FIFA20 tournament
- Konami postpones PES 2020 Euro 2020 update
- Esports Arena: Games Done Quick raises $ 400,000 to support corona virus efforts support
- Saudi Gamers Without Borders announced
- The NHL Player Gaming Challenge launches the virtual hockey skills of NHL players Test
- The Mario Tennis Charity Tournament recruits celebrities like Seal and the Williams Sisters.
- COV-AID 10-hour streaming charity event on Giving Tuesday in aid of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
- DreamHack HH 2020 esports plan updated for festivals and master properties.
UPDATE (April 13, 2020):
There have been a lot of charities that raised money to help fight COVID-19 or over the past month so, plus the usual mix of event delays and changes.
Here are some of the headlines from the past few weeks:
- The British esports organization Reason Gaming collects more than $ 1,000.
- Instead of hosting Insomnia66, the NEC, Birmingham is being converted to a & # 39; Nightingale & # 39; NHS field hospital.
- Houston Outlaws unveil # GameTogether initiative.
- The F1 Driver Esports Series raises over $ 33,000 to the COVID-19 charity.
- Intel delays the Esports World Open to the next year  Motorsport UK launches new Karting Esports series with motorsport games
- Gareth Bale collects money for the COVID-19 fight in the esports event
- Der FIFA streamer Castro raises more than $ 200,000 for COVID-19 in 28-hour charity stream event  Mental Health Gaming Charity Safe In Our World launches the Covid-19 hub to help gamers help to deal with stress, to deal with isolation and to learn relaxation and movement techniques.
- The British government works with the gaming industry to promote Stay At Hom, Save Lives & # 39; Messaging in games
- London Royal Ravens players give NHS winnings from CoD charity tournament  The British Smash Bros Charity Event Solidarity Announced
- Combo Breaker Cancels The 2020 Fighting Tournament
- PSG and ALL Launch The ALL at Home Gaming Cup
- Devin Booker Wins The NBA 2K Players Tournament, Wins US $ 100,000 -Dollar for charity.
- BLAST Premier Spring Showdown and Spring Final will be played online in June 2020.
- DreamHack Masters will go online – $ 300,000 prize pool split into four regional competitions
- QuakeCon canceled for the first time in 25 years of history due to corona virus
- 2020 Pokémon Championship Series canceled
- Ukie and The Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) jointly launch an initiative that highlights the power of games as a means to alleviate the pain of social distancing
31. March 2020:
Here are some of the latest sports activities and news related to COVID-19. Countless online tournaments and events have been organized – here is a selection:
- Twitch Stream Aid 2020 brings in over $ 2.7 million for COVID-19 relief.
- The NUEL unveils Operation Hand Wash
- Ibai Llanos on the LaLiga-FIFA 20 challenge took Twitch by storm
- Game industry supports #PlayApartTogether
- #CombatCorona: Bale, Loftus-Cheek & Pickford headline FIFA 20 charity tournament at Covid-19 battle
- Belong takes arena tournaments online
UPDATE (March 25, 2020):
Over the past week there have been a number of developments related to Esport and the Covid-19 outbreak .
Here is a summary of 16 of the latest headlines:
UK Hunger Games announced!
Check out this announcement trailer from MnM Gamings League of Legends manager Alex & # 39; OfficerNaughty & # 39; Bowley to:
- ESL One Birmingham is played online (and the prize pool increases to $ 335,000 )
- The ESL holding company MTG expects a drop in esport revenue of 35-45% in the first half of 2020 compared to the same period in the previous year.
- Wanyoo announces the closure of the British game café.
- The epic.LAN Pub Quiz goes virtual
- Belong Gaming Arenas were temporarily closed.
- The British government announces business rescue package.
- GameStop store closings in the USA.
- Rainbow Six Pro League XI -Final in São Paulo canceled
- Esports betting platform Luckbox reports an increase in customers as more people stay in the sport
- Coronavirus causes NBA 2K League to postpone the start of the 2020 season
- DreamHack Dallas and DreamHack Summer for August 2020 postponed
There was also a lot of money- Activation increase These include:
- Softgiving supports Cloud9, Dignitas, FlyQuest and Immortals for the Wash Yo Hands tournament.
- MY.GAMES has launched a new campaign called "Play at Home, Stand United!" To encourage players to isolate themselves at home if possible
- They are not alone campaign announced
- Riot Games Donates $ 1.5 Million to Coronavirus Relief in LA
UPDATE (March 18, 2020):
A research initiative has been supported by many PC gamers around the world.
Nvidia has teamed up with the PC Master Race community to support Folding @ Home a distributed computer project that simulates protein dynamics in a variety of diseases to help scientists better address them understand and fight.
] Folding @ Home now simulates the dynamics of COVID-19 proteins to look for new therapeutic options.
Several individuals within the UK esports support this initiative, including students from the University of Roehampton, NUEL and others.
Elsewhere, ESL UK has moved its upcoming Rainbow Six ESL Premiership live final to an online final. only event.
ESL said it was sad and disappointed that the tournament for teams from the UK and Ireland will now only take place online, but said that the health and well-being of teams, participants, partners and staff is a top priority to have.
Flashpoint did the same, postponed its CSGO tournament to online only and delayed the games that were supposed to take place today.
And after the LEC was moved last week, it is back this week in Also an online form.
In other news will reimburse EA Apex Legends teams for the postponed Global Series Major One.
The Apex Legends Global Series Major One was scheduled to take place between March 13th and 15th at Esports Stadium Arlington, USA, but has been postponed. EA reimburses the teams for travel expenses.
UPDATE (March 16, 2020):
The second event of the Royal Ravens in London, to be held in London in June, was the call due to coronavirus (COVID-19) along with all other events of Duty League canceled for 2020.
The news comes after the first Royal Ravens Homestead Event in February in CopperBox London.
In a statement by League Owners Activision it says: “After caution In close cooperation with our teams, we are moving all of Call of Duty’s currently planned live events for 2020 to online with immediate effect -Competitions. “
As is usual with canceled esport events, tickets will be refunded. Season ticket holders will be contacted by See Tickets for refunds.
In addition, the esports organization FaZe Clan leads a # FIGHT2FUND Call of Duty: Warzone Pro-Am tournament which took place this evening (Monday) March 16 at 7 p.m. (GMT).
16 teams of three formed the tournament group with a combination of players, streamers, athletes, music artists and celebrities, including artists such as 21 Savage, Young Thug and others, as well as professional players like Bugha, the Fortnite World Champion.
The winning team selected a local charity or organization affected by coronavirus to receive the prize, which includes 100% of the sponsored and streamed revenue and first donations from FaZe Clan, Softgiving and Activision.
Elsewhere the National Videogame Museum in Sheffield has decided to temporarily close with immediate effect in response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
"This is a proactive measure – no cases of COVID-19 are known to our visitors or employees," said a statement.
In addition the Epicenter Major 2020 tournament was scheduled to take place in Moscow from May 2 to 10, was canceled by Valve .
UPDATE (March 13, 2020):
Riot Games has now the LEC in Berlin & # 39; note until further notice & # 39 ;. The company has posted the following update on Twitter: